tooth represents our seventh generation
in teeth design and alloy refinement.
They are proven to be efficient, safe,
durable and inexpensive.
- Costs typically less than one dollar per hour of operation, compared to the six to eleven dollars per hour other brush cutters cost to operate.
- A simple daily sharpening achieves maximum productivity throughout the tooth life. In contrast, carbide teeth decrease in productivity as they wear so your machine operates at full potential only when they are new.
- Sharpen the teeth while they are installed in less than ten minutes
- Change the teeth with only safety glasses, hammer and a flat end punch
- Customize the cutting edge to suit your cutting/mulching requirements
The sharper the teeth, the
faster you can mulch, and
that is why we designed our
"S-7" teeth to be
regularly sharpened. Compared
to unsharpened carbide teeth,
this gives you a constant
knife-sharp edge instead of
waiting for your production rate to
drop enough to justify the
cost of replacement.
Sharp teeth also decrease
wear to the entire excavator/attachment
system, because they slice
through wood rather than hitting
it with a blunt force that
sends shock waves through
the system. In short;
Sharp teeth are the successful
contractor's secret to higher
productivity, longer teeth
life, lower repair costs,
and a better looking final
How often do the teeth need sharpening? That depends on the material being mulched - we recommend sharpening every day as part of a regular maintenance schedule, but with heavy use some contractors sharpen as often as every two hours to maintain maximum performance and output.
What should the teeth be sharpened with? For example, an angle grinder with a 9 inch Brill Tex® grinding wheel works well but there are other brands and sizes that work just as well.
View an "S-7" tooth sharpening video, ideally you would always dress both edges to the original angles. If the leading tip isn't razor-sharp you are wasting productivity, fuel and causing undue impact to the hydraulic system:
Closeup of properly maintained S-7 teeth near end of service life.
Customize the Cutting Edge to Suit the Job
"S-7" teeth give you the flexibility to customize their cutting edge to match the job at hand. While the standard edge works fine in the majority of situations, some operators find that modification of the edge can make the teeth work better in certain situations:
- 45 degree edges (above, next to standard edge) slice knife-like, helping mulch small diameter brush and tall grass more effectively
- Hooked front edges can deliver more aggressive performance
We strongly believe the "S-7" tooth is the most cost effective and flexible solution for mulching brush and trees. Please contact us for more information.
Now available pre-sharpened standard at no additional cost, ready to cut and mulch at maximum efficiency right out of the box!
Pre-sharpened tooth on the right, compared to the standard tooth with a small radius on the cutting face edges.